Friday, November 10, 2017

ABCInc at Amazon.com

Notes, on establishing a seller account on Amazon.com...

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Internet Marketing: A Primer

The tagline for our A Better Computer Inc website is "We Bring Your Business To The Internet."

This 2-minute read represents hours and hours of work.

Monday, September 4, 2017

Connecting New Customers

I've realized how important processes are, and standardizing them is even better! Our relationship with our customers begins here:

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Rick's Reading List - Updated 8/2/2017

I stumble across interest an interesting link that I want to remember - and possibly share. The sites are not worthy of a full blog on their own, but..

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Job Titles for Web Workers?!

At a recent WordPress Meetup, admittedly in a moment of distraction, I reflected on the job title of the presenter.

My question:
What single word described my skill sets? 


I was off to Google for my research...

Thursday, July 6, 2017

My 2017 Journey into Social Media

"Social Media" is all the rage, along with SEO.

I'm saving SEO for another blog, but I want to document me getting involved into the depths of Social Media.

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Facebook Groups for Business



I first "met" Pam Moore through a SCORE webinar in April about building a Facebook page for your business.

I visited her site and signed up for her newsletter. Today a really neat idea showed up in my mailbox!

Thursday, June 1, 2017

WordPress Assembler: A New Title

Kudos to Tony Zeoli for his article "The New WordPress NINJA: WordPress Assembler." This gave me an whole new perspective on providing support for WordPress web pages.

The running joke about asking an engineer the time of day is that after answering the question he then wants to explain how a clock works. I'm guilty of that. When I'm asked to create a web site, I tend to go into excruciating detail.

The phrase "WordPress Assembler" is a really simple title: it defines a complete skill set!

Monday, May 1, 2017

SCORE Webinar: "5 Pillars for a Facebook Business Page that Rocks!"

Everyone in business is interested in marketing through Social Media, and as a SCORE mentor I want to learn as much as I can.

This is a review for a SCORE webinar I "attended" in April. 

There are several take-aways that I would like to share with you.:

Monday, April 24, 2017

LinkedIn: "How To Start Consulting On The Side"

This was an interesting article I found on LinkedIn, and I wanted to bring it to your attention. Liz Ryan gives nuggets of encouragement throughout the article.

It's a good read, but not the blueprint we could expect from the title.

Friday, April 7, 2017

Blogging, Today

This afternoon, Freelancer.com wrote "Let me blow your mind with a statistic: there are over 152 million blogs floating around out there in cyberspace."
  • 43% of those blogs are on Wordpress.
  • 35% are on Blogger.
  • 16% are on Tumblr.
  • Adds up to 94% ~~ (The remaining 6% are sprinkled across random smaller platforms.)

Thursday, March 30, 2017

"Runway" Cash Flow ?!

I wrote an article here at ABCInc.biz. But because my personal volunteer work is at SCORE, I moved the article to my personal blog, Rix Distillery (Rick's Distillery).

After many years of being involved in business start-ups, I learned a new word: ~~ "Runway" ~~ It is a measure of how long a new business venture can last with the existing cash on hand.

Read More at www.Jaggers.pw...

Friday, January 6, 2017

Monday, December 12, 2016

Internet Marketing: The Bottomless Hole

I live in Florida, and one of the most popular anecdotes about owning a boat is that it's like a hole in the water where you just throw your money.

If you've ever looked up from your Facebook session and discovered that an hour (or two or three) has disappeared, then you can appreciate this:

Monday, November 14, 2016

This Article is 5-1/2 Years old and STILL a good read

A Jan 2011 article by Oliver Emberton, the owner of a design agency in Great Briton, talks about giving up the web design business!  There are 138 comments, and most of them are well-written, too.

Monday, September 12, 2016

Interns at A Better Computer, Inc

Our Internship program...

Once someone has completed computer training, they need real-life applications.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Monday, July 25, 2016

Call me using your computer for a video chat: Here's how

Phone calls are great, but sometimes it is better to actually see each other, and share monitor desktops together without driving across town or flying across the country!  We can use Google Hangouts to create a video conference between your computer and mine!

Friday, July 15, 2016

"Custom WordPress Website – How Much Does it Actually Cost? "

The article, by that name, showed up on a Linkedin group.  It was written by Emily Johns on July 8th, 2016, and posted at  WordSuccor.com...